Låter å like, del 26
Jeg bare gjengir engelskstilen jeg skrev i 1996, emnet i stilen var "Somebody I know" og vi kunne skrive om noen vi kjente eller noen vi så opp til. Jeg skrev om Suzanne Vega:
Suzanne Vega
I guess I like her mostly for her warmth and the personal and intimate style. Her songs are beautiful and simple, and she has a voice that feels safe in a way. The best part is her lyrics.
She has made 5 records, the last one came out last week. But I haven't heard any songs from it yet.
I have 2, nearly 3 of her records. They are "Solitude standings", which became her big breakthrough in 1987, "99,9 F" which were published in 1992. The last I have is her debut "Suzanne Vega", but the cassette I have has been recorded real bad so I have to buy it on cd when I can find it. [lærers anmerkning: "Ask in the music shop"]
Her debut is the best even if the recording was bad. At first all of the sounds sounded the same, then I began to try writing the lyrics down. At that time I became a Suzanne Vega-fan and bought the two other records.
Because Suzanne Vega sings clearly, the writing-down wasn't any problem. The song I like best on this album is "the Soldier and the Queen". It's a story about the Queen who has shut herself inside her castle, where she is safe from being hurt, but also from being loved. She is the queen in the castle upon the hill.
One day a soldier came and said he wanted to see for himself the woman they were all killing for. She invites him in. They talk and for the first time in long she shows that she has feelings, but gets afraid when the soldier tells her he loves her and she shuts herself up again. She tells him to wait for her outside. Instead she gives orders to kill him, and she's alone again, without emotions. I recommend her debut-record."
- Det er såklart mer av den stilen, men dette er liksom det essensielle. Suzanne Vega med "the Queen and The soldier" er fortsatt en av de mest lyrisk vakre historiene jeg vet om. Hør den på spotify: Suzanne Vega "The Queen and the soldier" eller du kan se en video med liveopptak fra en konsert i Tyskland, 1997.
Favorittstrofen min?
"And she said, "I've swallowed a secret burning thread
It cuts me inside, and often I've bled"
PS: Jeg kjøpte forresten debutskiva på Free Record shop 3 år senere.
PS2: juli 2001 fikk jeg også se Suzanne Vega live på Rockefeller.
Suzanne Vega
I guess I like her mostly for her warmth and the personal and intimate style. Her songs are beautiful and simple, and she has a voice that feels safe in a way. The best part is her lyrics.
She has made 5 records, the last one came out last week. But I haven't heard any songs from it yet.
I have 2, nearly 3 of her records. They are "Solitude standings", which became her big breakthrough in 1987, "99,9 F" which were published in 1992. The last I have is her debut "Suzanne Vega", but the cassette I have has been recorded real bad so I have to buy it on cd when I can find it. [lærers anmerkning: "Ask in the music shop"]
Her debut is the best even if the recording was bad. At first all of the sounds sounded the same, then I began to try writing the lyrics down. At that time I became a Suzanne Vega-fan and bought the two other records.
Because Suzanne Vega sings clearly, the writing-down wasn't any problem. The song I like best on this album is "the Soldier and the Queen". It's a story about the Queen who has shut herself inside her castle, where she is safe from being hurt, but also from being loved. She is the queen in the castle upon the hill.
One day a soldier came and said he wanted to see for himself the woman they were all killing for. She invites him in. They talk and for the first time in long she shows that she has feelings, but gets afraid when the soldier tells her he loves her and she shuts herself up again. She tells him to wait for her outside. Instead she gives orders to kill him, and she's alone again, without emotions. I recommend her debut-record."
- Det er såklart mer av den stilen, men dette er liksom det essensielle. Suzanne Vega med "the Queen and The soldier" er fortsatt en av de mest lyrisk vakre historiene jeg vet om. Hør den på spotify: Suzanne Vega "The Queen and the soldier" eller du kan se en video med liveopptak fra en konsert i Tyskland, 1997.
Favorittstrofen min?
"And she said, "I've swallowed a secret burning thread
It cuts me inside, and often I've bled"
PS: Jeg kjøpte forresten debutskiva på Free Record shop 3 år senere.
PS2: juli 2001 fikk jeg også se Suzanne Vega live på Rockefeller.

Kommentarer
Legg inn en kommentar